October 4, 2012

I'm Working Out With Tennis Star Serena Williams

I was shopping in Wal-Mart recently and came across something I absolutely had to buy. The Serena Williams Workout Mix. I found it in the candle section (really) on one of those displays of soothing music to relax with where you can play samples of all of the music using their clever little sample player. And as soon as I saw it, I knew - I had to buy it.

Who knew Serena Williams was putting out workout mixes? I certainly did not and I actually try to keep up with this kind of stuff. But she is and lucky me, I found it.

So what exactly is the Serena Williams Workout Mix? It is one hour of non-stop music at 130 to 134 beats per minute. If you don't know anything about beats per minute, this speed would have you walking at a pretty good clip. The tracks are all remixes of songs that have been incredibly popular this past summer. In other words, if you keep up at all with Top 40-type pop hits, you'll recognize most of this stuff.

While I bought my Serena Williams Workout Mix at Wal-Mart, I found it a little cheaper on Amazon. Here's a link to the MP3 collection on Amazon if you're interested:




And - surprise, surprise - I also found the Serena Williams Workout Mix 2 with even more disco-ish remixes! Here's a link to that collection, also on Amazon:




Just FYI, if you purchase either of these MP3 collections through the above links, Tennis Fixation gets a small percentage of the purchase price. However, these CDs are available through a number of other sources, both on-line and in stores, so please feel free to buy them from wherever you'd like. But I can tell you - if you go check these out on Amazon, you get to listen to samples of each track and that can help you decide if you like the pace or the songs.

Here's my dream - doing Cardio Tennis with the Serena Williams mix playing in the background. I wonder if I could make that happen? I'll let you know.




Photobucket
© Kim Selzman 2012 All Rights Reserved

No comments: